- We are sinners who have been saved by Jesus. Convinced that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom 3:23) and that “the wages of sin is death” (Rom 6:23), we have come to Jesus for salvation (Mark 16:16). We are not perfect and still occasionally struggle with sin (1 John 1:8-10), but our goal is to live without sin (1 John 2:1, James 1:27).
- We are unashamed disciples of Jesus. Our commitment did not end at our conversion. We continue to learn about Jesus (Matt 28:19-20) and obey his teachings (Matt 7:24) so that we can ultimately become like him (Rom 8:29, Eph 4:15).
- We are a community of love. Like the first Christians (Acts 2:42-47), we have gathered with other disciples to grow together and give encouragement to one another. Our love extends to sharing to meet one another’s needs (Acts 4:32-37, Heb 13:16), forgiving one another (Eph 4:32), and correcting and challenging one another to live for Jesus (James 5:16, Gal 6:1).
- We are Bible students. Because the Bible is inspired by God (2 Tim 3:16-17), we are passionate about learning it so that we can know God’s will for us. Like the Bereans (Acts 17:11), we listen eagerly and search the Scriptures to make sure what is spoken is true.
- We are fishers of men. Just as Jesus told the apostles (Mark 1:17) that they would fish for men, so we do too. We want to help others find the peace, joy, and love that we have found in Jesus, and so we are eager to share the message whenever we can.
We encourage you to visit us and be a part of us!