Adult Bible Workshop Weekend 2019
After hosting a Youth Bible Workshop Weekend for many years,
Fairview announces our first Adult Bible Workshop Weekend.
Devoted to Prayer
October 12, 2019
Workshop and lecture sessions dedicated to prayer.
The early disciples "with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer"(Acts 1:14) and the apostles committed that "we will devote ourselves to prayer and the ministry of the word"(Acts 6:4).
Growing in our communication with God takes commitment and resolve. Yet we often have questions and concerns about prayer: how to do it, how to get better at it, and why it sometimes doesn't seem to work.
Three breakout sessions will examine the Bible's teaching on prayer to answer some of those difficulties:
– How to build prayer habits by looking at Jesus, David, and the habits families can build.
– A look at Paul's prayers to think about making our prayers deeper.
– Answers to some of the tough questions about prayer.
Two general sessions - "What is the point of prayer?" and "Does prayer make a difference?" - will give direction to our studies and a better appreciation for the blessing of prayer.
Workshop will be held at the Fairview building.
9-9:20 am: Welcome and Introduction
9:30-10:15 - Breakout Session 1
Building Prayer Habits
- The Prayer Habits of Jesus (Shane Carrington)
- The Prayer Habits of David (Ryan Goodwin)
- Developing Family Prayer Habits (Drew Nelson)
10:30-11:15 Morning Lecture:
What is the Point of Prayer? (John Duvall)
11:15-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-1:45 Breakout Session 2
Adding Depth to Prayer: The Prayers of Paul
- Praying for Others' Spiritual Growth (Drew Nelson)
- Praying for Gospel Opportunities (Ryan Goodwin)
- Ladies' Study: How Prayer Helps Anxiety (Sarah Hudgins)
2:00-2:45 Breakout Session 3
Tough Questions about Prayer
- Why Does God Tell Us No? (Chuck Durham)
- How Do I Pray for My Enemies? (John Duvall)
- Elders, Oil, Confession--James 5:13-18 (Shane Carrington)
3:00-3:45 Afternoon Lecture:
Does Prayer Make a Difference? (Chuck Durham)
Registration is free and includes a materials notebook from all of speakers.
Please register so that we can insure each attendee has workshop materials.
IMPORTANT: The breakout sessions have limited seating. During registration, you will be asked to select which breakout sessions you wish to attend. Please register early to ensure a seat in the sessions you are most interested in!
Recordings of all sessions will be available after the workshop for all participants.